Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Learning

The main thing that I learned from the last assignment was that 15 minutes isn't nearly enough time to set up and shoot a scene. Not for me, at this point at least. Maybe it's plenty of time for someone who's more comfortable with a camera and setting up shots, but for me it's really nerve wracking knowing I have so little time. I feel like there's a ton of stuff that needs to be done, and I get so wrapped up in making sure that everything looks good and trying to do it quickly that I end up making everything look bad. I end up forgetting a lot of little things, and sometimes I'll even forget how to do things that I should know how to do. For example, I was so frantic in the run and gun exercise that I forgot to do something as simple as filming the name/title slate. Hopefully working more with a camera will help alleviate some of those problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment